From Sarah, With Joy

*Poet * Author * Wanderluster*

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

J. R. R. Tolkien Trivia

This is the first week of a new semester, so I apologize for the minor blog slacking. I'll try and get things under control super quick and get back to our regularly scheduled program.

In the meantime, I'm taking a couple classes that I think may be of interest to the writerly/artistic type. I'm taking 1)symbolic anthropology, 2)writings of Isaiah, 3)American folklore and, best of all, 4) J. R. R. Tolkien.

I'll start of with a cool bit of trivia that I learned in my Tolkien class this morning: The word Hobbit comes from a combination of the words hobgoblin and rabbit. Isn't that awesome?!

Anyway, not much time today, but I'll leave you with that. Hope your new year is going splendidly, and best of luck with the writing!

Sarah Allen

No comments:

Post a Comment

I absolutely love hearing from you! Thank you so, so much for your thoughts and comments, they really do make my day. Consider yourself awesome. Also, I do my best to respond to every comment within 24 hours, so I invite you to come back and continue the conversation :)

To have weekly posts delivered to your inbox, just sign up here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...