From Sarah, With Joy

*Poet * Author * Wanderluster*

Monday, January 19, 2015

Matching Survey

Do you like 3 am Cake Boss?
How large is your library?
How many licks does it take to get the center of
whatever is at the center of you?
I don't want flowers. Do want kittens.
Are you camera shy?
Will you swear to wear mismatched socks
in sickness and in health?
Will you make me believe my pajama pants are sexy?
Check the box for
     creative
     gentle
     strong
     other
Will you be The Doctor for Halloween
and wear bow-ties to church on Sunday if I
asked you to?
An elephant's trunk can grasp something
as small as a peanut
yet rip a tree from the ground
roots and all, when needed.
With this in mind,
let me look closely at your hands, and see
how they feel against the skin
at the small of my back.

Sarah Allen

16 comments:

  1. Now this is a survey I'd love to enter! Elephants are cool as are any questions that make me ponder the center of myself. Love the final 4 lines.

    ReplyDelete
  2. IS this a poem of sorts? Pretty cool if it is. Very creative!

    Hugs and chocolate!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I've been having fun trying my hand at different types of poetry. Thanks for commenting!

      Delete
  3. Very insightful. I see myself a little differently now. :-)

    Anna from Shout with Emaginette

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lots of thinking for those answers...good list.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent questions to get to know a special someone.

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love hearing from you! Thank you so, so much for your thoughts and comments, they really do make my day. Consider yourself awesome. Also, I do my best to respond to every comment within 24 hours, so I invite you to come back and continue the conversation :)

To have weekly posts delivered to your inbox, just sign up here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...