From Sarah, With Joy

*Poet * Author * Wanderluster*

Thursday, November 11, 2010

Crazy Writing Life

Ok, I know things have been sparse here at the blog of joy, but I promise 1)its for good reason, and 2) things are going to pick up eventually. I'm in two creative writing classes this semester, which means my writing has been pretty much commandeered, but it also means I should be doing a better job at sharing what I learn in classes with all y'all. Which I'm going to try to do.

Another bad excuse is that my computer has been having issues for the past two weeks at least, so thats been a fun adventure.

Isn't life great? There's just so much to do and see and hear and touch and smell. I've been thinking a lot lately about lived experience versus what we learn from reading, and I think both are a good thing to have, and I think us writerly people have to make a concerted effort to get out and do stuff, but I think its worth it. I had a writing professor who said that the best thing to major in if you want to be a writer is geology.

Something I've heard from a couple different writerly/professorial type people lately is that if you write 1000 words every day for ten years you will be famous. Guaranteed. I don't know about you, but I think thats a pretty awesome guarantee and I want to try it. Maybe I won't be able to reach 1000 words a day while I'm in school, but everyone has excuses and its the people who keep their butt in the chair and don't listen to those excuses that get the 1000 words, the fame and glory.

So lets all keep living and keep writing, ok?

Sarah Allen

No comments:

Post a Comment

I absolutely love hearing from you! Thank you so, so much for your thoughts and comments, they really do make my day. Consider yourself awesome. Also, I do my best to respond to every comment within 24 hours, so I invite you to come back and continue the conversation :)

To have weekly posts delivered to your inbox, just sign up here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...